Friday, January 15, 2010

Do unto others...


I took this picture in the Musee D'Orsay in Paris. The juxtaposition of the polar bear standing in front of the ticking clock struck me as particularly poignant, and I snapped the picture as a personal reminder to do as much as I can regarding our environmental issues before the time runs out.

I remembered the image today as I read about the destruction in Haiti. As a global citizen, I feel it is our moral responsibility to do as much as possible for good, no matter what the situation. Now, I can't physically fly over there and start distributing aid parcels, but I can donate money to those marvellous organisations who are on the ground, and have the knowledge, experience and expertise to make an immediate difference.

If it is within your means, please reach deep down into your hearts and wallets.

Oxfam
Medecins Sans Frontieres
Unicef
Red Cross

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:47 pm

    well said! Its very easy for us to feel disconnected from the world, but just as easy to make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the links Jorth. I had wanted to donate but being such a lazy ass, didn't know where to start.
    I just donated to Oxfam.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.