Monday, January 11, 2010

Despite the heat, I'm counting my blessings

Today the mercury is set to hit a sizzling 45C in Melbourne and parts of Victoria today. Ouch! That's bloody hot, and scary in a state that is as dry and fire prone as it is.

Still, days like today always make me count my blessings. I don't have to spend the day working outside in the heat, for which I am very thankful. I have access to as much clean drinking water as I need, right from a tap in my very kitchen - no 3 kilometre walk to wait in line to draw water from a well. I have plenty of ice cubes and home-made icy poles tucked away in the freezer, loads of excellent books to read and lovely music to listen to.

I also have a charming bandit with whom to play cards with. So, apart from the soaring heat outside, life really doesn't get much better than this.


2 comments:

  1. Jenny7:38 pm

    quite possibly the cutest picture yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a brilliant poker face...

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.