Monday, March 08, 2010

Thank you

Firstly, thank you so much, dear readers, for your kind comments on my last post. It's a funny kind of grief - the grief of what-might-have-been - and it's not one which many can comprehend, which makes all your comments so much more appreciated. I don't think the pain or sorrow will ever leave me, but it can be managed. And the best way of doing that is to count my blessings, of which I have so so many. I have much indeed to be thankful for.

Secondly, fellow Melbournians, how crazy was the weather on the weekend? Hailstones as big as lemons! Floods in the city! We were watching the stage production of Mamma Mia! when it hit, and you couldn't even hear the music over the thundering of ice hitting the roof of the theatre. Then half the electricity went out, which spooked both the audience and the performers, but they soon got the show back on the road like the true professionals they are. It was surreal to have entered the theatre with blue skies and sunshine, then to come out a couple of hours later to grey apocolyptic storms clouds, flood water coursing rapidly down the city streets and mayhem on the footpaths as people sloshed their way through, waving umbrellas like talismans against more brutal downpours. Nuts!

So it wasn't a great weekend to be out and about, but it was a fantastic weekend for teaching Grumbles how to use a knitting nancy. The Galumph got rather goopy looking at the two of us perched on the couch, each with knitting in hand. Poor old sap. I'll have to let him in on the fact that it's my secret plan to get more knitting done myself. After all, it's like having a drink - they always say you should never drink alone. Likewise, methinks, with knitting. If I get her hooked, then think of all the extra time I'll have to knit alongside her. Bwahahahahahah!

3 comments:

  1. What an experience!

    I have one of those Nancies, and I'm hoping the wee girl enjoy it one day too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a mastermind!! :-)

    The weather was insane..... totally freaked me and the pup out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny5:23 pm

    Cuuuute, and Grumbles can make all the icords for your cardigans.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.