Tuesday, March 02, 2010

The music left me speechless

On Saturday night we got together with the in-laws and went to the final free concert by the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl. What an evening! We arrived about 5 o'clock, got ourselves a great position on the lawn, then happily snuggled down on blankets and munched away on our picnic dinner, listening to the Melbourne Youth Orchestra and awaiting the main event.

The MSO did not disappoint. There was something so magical about sitting in the gathering darkness, listening to some of the most beautiful music ever written as the rain came gently pittering down and Grumbles snuggled in closer for another cuddle.

As the soprano arias filled the air, people all around us lay back, set their umbrellas at rakish angles, closed their eyes and listened to the music with soft smiles. Occaisonally Grumbles would catch my eye in the darkness, lean forward to plant a kiss on my cheek then curve herself into my arms as I tucked the blanket in around us both.

The only downside was that I was already coming down with a cold, and as a result of sitting in the cold night air I've given myself a lovely husky voice/sore throat. Yesterday was spent making the boss giggle everytime I tried to speak, but that's a story for another day. Tell you what, though - it was worth it!

1 comment:

  1. I heard about your husky voice :) Hope your sore throat feels better soon.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.