Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Butterick 5601 in progress

Pink Dress In Progress

"Do you think it's a mid life crisis?" asked a red top plaintively.

"Who blimming well knows" replied a red scarf glumly. "All I know is that once upon a time it was us red clothes that did it for her. But now we've been ditched for pink. PINK!" The red scarf was so aggrieved by this fact that he would have spat in disgust if he could.

"At least it's quite a ballsy sort of pink" said a red coat that was smug in the knowledge that until Jorth sewed a new one, she at least would be worn again. "I don't think I could have borne it if she went crazy for some wishy-washy pale princess pink." She peeped through the wardrobe door at the dressmakers dummy and asked tentatively "What do you think, Miss Mannequin?"

"What do I think?" asked the dummy with evident pleasure. "All I know is that I'm feeling very Roland Mouret and I like it!"

4 comments:

  1. Just tell Miss Mannequin that Victoria Beckham also wore a Roland hot pink outfit, with a price tag of $2130. Miss Mannequin will now think she has hit the catwalk...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it too despite having reached the age and stage when pink of more dangerous than daring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. $2130? Good grief! I'll be lucky if this dress costs $30 all up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fun!
    I am really intrigued by your dressmaker's dummy... does it really stretch? And it looks like it's wearing a spencer or something?

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.