Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pleats and art


Pleats

Jorth looked up from her sewing machine and remarked thoughtfully to Galumph, "A thing of beauty is a joy forever. Agreed?"

"Oh, certainly", said Galumph.

"I mean, look at da Vinci's Lady with an Ermine. Unforgettable composition! Or Rembrandt's portrait of Rosalba Peale - you could lose yourself for eternity in those eyes. Even Milo de Venus - armless, yes, but still a stunner!"

"I agree wholeheartedly", replied Galumph (although secretly he preferred the surreal world of Salvador Dali.)

"And to this list I think we can add my pleats!" finished Jorth.

"Pleats?" enquired Galumph, somewhat flummoxed at this comparison.

"Pleats." answered Jorth. "Like I said, a thing of beauty is a joy forever - or at least until Tyger grows out of the darn shirt!"

Thankfully at this point Jorth busied herself again at her machine to sew even more pleats, and saved Galumph from defending collectively the greatest art ever produced by mankind against this new addition to the canon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.