Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Birthday dolls

Dolls1

There are several very nifty things about the dolls I've just made for Grumble's birthday:

1 - They are all made from scraps or recycled materials (excluding the stuffing). Even the buttons, which came from a box of used buttons I bought on eBay aaaaaaages ago. Austerity crafting at its best!

2 - Each fabric, being a scrap from another project, has a memory. The pink doll, for example, features fabrics left over from the pjs Grumbles and I made. I really like that about these dolls.

3 - They are so darn huggable! Especially the pink flannel one. Which is good, because her arms are kinda permanently in hug-mode, due to my wonky sewing. Um, design feature?

4 - The pattern, from the amazingly talented Nic of 60 piggies, is free, so you can made some for yourself. Give Nic a virtual internet high five, ok?

5 - When Grumbles wakes up on her birthday morning and sees these two perched on the end of her bed, she's going to LOVE them (I hope!)

Dolls2

11 comments:

  1. They're gorgeous - I'm sure she'll love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if Grumbles doesn't like them I do! Very creative and marketable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy preparing for this birthday Jorth! The dolls are very sweet - I love that you made two - twins for Grumbles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh divine. Lucky Grumbles. Every time you make these dolls, I think "I must" but I still haven't :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Grumbles!!! Have a fantastic day - Love the dolls!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAB! Can i put in an order for my next birthday please? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:46 pm

    Love these, and what perfect fabric combos! A playful take on a kid classic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love these, and thankyou for the link :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im printing pattern for these as we speak, so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grumbles has a pretty great Mum. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:22 am

    Keep this going please, great job!

    Also visit my page; diet plans that work fast

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.