Friday, May 29, 2009

Coughing and sneezing is now the official soundtrack to my life.

Boy oh boy, did I have some grand plans for this week. I was going to:

- make myself a brand new dress, using the fabric I bought from Tessuti. I was hoping to finish the dress by the end of the week, so I could wear it to the opening party, swanning around looking fabulous and chic etc etc

- cut out and sew three pairs of pj pants, as we are all in dire need of new sleepwear, and I finally found some lovely flannel at GJ's

- Knit another scarf, this time for my friend K, who is having her birthday today (happy birthday!) in some gorgeously soft Jo Sharp Silk Road Aran

- Keep the house spotless, cook gourmet meals, figure out the winning Tattslotto numbers and fathom the mystery mathematics behind black holes

All in all, it was going to be one heck of a week. Achievements galore! Sewing masterpieces! Creation of superbly textural knits! Scientific glory!

Then Grumbles got sick. So no kindergarten for her. I found myself housebound with a grumpy pre-schooler. There went the dress plans.

Then I got sick. "Pshwah", I thought to myself, "'tis nothing but a sore throat. Nothing I can't handle!" But still, there went the pyjama plans.

Then I got really sick. Besides the continual "Ah-ah-ah-CHOOOOO!" and "hack-hackity-hack" noises, the only sound was that of my plans being torn up into pieces, set fire to, then the ashes blasted off into space.

Thank goodness I did manage to get some knitting done. Sorta. Still a full ball to go. However, in a week like this that's classed as real progress!



Edited to add: GJ's is 443 Lygon St, East Brunswick. You can read all about their fabric range here.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jorth
    hope you and G get well soon.
    What/where is GJs? I'm always on the lookout out for nice furry flannelette. What's on offer these days is usually so flat and not furry.. :0(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,

    I'm just writing to let you know about a link error from this blog entry. Where you've added details of GJ's down the bottom, the link from "here" should be:

    http://www.bargainshopper.com.au/_webapp_128329/GJ'S_DISCOUNT_FABRICS

    BTW I love your blog!

    Cheers

    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jodie, I've fixed that up now.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.