Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The devil is in the details and the make up


Meet Fudge. He's a ham. Actually, to be truthful, he's some sort of corgi mix, but you know what I mean. Grumbles is mucho taken with him, I suspect due to all the licks she receives, each one accompanied by an awfully high-pitched squeal of delight. Thank goodness Fudge has gone home with the Mother-in-law-ship, I'm not sure just how much more my ear drums could have taken.

I went and saw The Devil Wears Prada last night. Terrible movie - instead of making me shun fashions as being frivolous and unnecessary, and taking the focus away from what is really important, it just made me want to run out and buy a hair dryer so I could have a sleek shiny fringe like Anne Hathaway. Sigh. Too easily influenced, just like my mother always said. Damn her for being right. But those clothes! And the spiffy eye make up! Is it so wrong to want gorgeous hair and knock 'em dead eyeshadow? Especially that purple. Oooh, heaven! Or hell, trapped in a bathroom mirror. Just look at all those greys, that's more than enough to bring me back down to earth, and banish all thoughts of hair dryers from my mind.

6 comments:

  1. You are hysterical! And your hair is gorgeous as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:18 am

    I've got that film on DVD (already) and heaven only knows what it'll do to me. I already have a house full of eyeshadow. I remember when I first saw Fightclub and coveted Helena Bonham Carter's blue eyeshadow. Of course, I wore the stuff for weeks after that film. I can relate to what you're saying.

    Anyway, as long as it's only a hairdryer you need in order to get the fringe, it's not too drastic. Not like a whole new haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way Anne wore that off the shoulder sweater with the button down shirt. I think i'm going to steal that look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello. I enjoyed your story about Grumbles and the mother-in-law-ship's adorable doggie. I get a kick out of the designation mother-in-law-ship.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree about the film!
    As to they grey.........= badge of courage m'dear, badge of courage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am far too easily influenced too. I actually let one of those make-up counter women in too tight skirts have a play with my eyes after seeing this film. I even walked away with a pretty little bag packed full gemstone colored eyeshadows. Unfortunately playgroup is not really the place for knock 'em dead eyeshadows, but they do look oh so pretty sitting in the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.