Friday, March 24, 2006

Spots!

The scene: Our measley backyard.

The event: Spotty top with sleeve ruffles photoshoot

Participants: Grumbles (model), Jorth (wielding camera with a complete lack of composure and panache)

Dialogue (at this point, all pretty much by Jorth, with lots of headshakes and frowns from Grumbles): Okay, Grumbles, let's do some smiles for the camera. One, two, three - cheese! No cheese? C'mon - let's do some smiles - ok, now! Not now? Cheese? No cheese?

(Continues in this vein for an exasperating 10 minutes. There is some out loud wondering if Helmut Newton ever had this problem.)

Jorth slips to the ground, exhausted and out of ideas. Grumbles, spotting an opportunity for her latest passion, runs over for the piggy back. Much comedy ensures, with Jorth trying to get a photo whilst piggybacking a very wiggly child and ignoring the blood rushing to her head (due to the piggyback resembling the sort done by, oh, Quasimodo)

Result:


You can't really tell from the photo, but my torso is actually at a 30 degree angle to my legs there. Huzzah! All that yoga really paid off!

7 comments:

  1. This is such a joyful image! I think poster size is called for!
    thankyou for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:11 pm

    I was in 'Gorman' on chapel street (way too cool for me I tell you) and was accosted by the sales chic who was SALIVATING over one very cool spotty top Lola was wearing. "Where are they for sale?" "Who makes them?" and my sister wants to buy one also.

    And no, I dont frequent chapel st, I was lured in by Handiworks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:14 pm

    Grumbles is absolutely adorable! And so is the great polka-dotty blouse. What a sweet combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are both gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. being able to take a picture of that smile is worth the contortion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is adorable, and I don't use that word often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love this pic!!! You both are darling!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.