Thursday, January 13, 2011

Finally - a finished pink baby shrug!

Do you remember, all the way back in (good grief!) October, me banging on about starting this:

Pink Baby Shrug

Well, not only did I finish it, but it has found it's way to one special little girl in Switzerland, who reportedly is very warm and snuggly in it. Hooray!

Pink Baby Shrug - finished

Project Details
Pattern: Baby Shrug by Debbie Bliss (you can get a free copy of the pattern right here!)
Yarn: 2 balls of Sublime Organic Merino Wool DK in "Soap" from Morris & Sons
Needles: 4mm and 4.5mm

Great little knit - it was super easy to knit up, and the yarn was so scrumptiously soft to work with. And since you only use 2 balls, it makes for a fairly economical baby gift - even if you plump for the fancy schmancy yarn (I couldn't resist!) Watch out, pregnant friends - you may very well find yourselves gifted with one of these!

14 comments:

  1. EEP - adorable little shrug. So pink and girly and soft and...ahhhh dear you have made me cluck!

    cluck...cluck...cluck...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to learn how to knit - that is incredibly adorable. You've opened up a whole new can of worms for me now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to echo Rachel's comment. I can't knit, I love home knits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sooo wish I could knit (other than a scarf or dishcloth!) Oh well, sewing will have to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh supersweet and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sooo pretty!! and on the way to my country, even better! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so sweet! Makes me wish I had another baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for posting the link to this adorable sweater. Yours is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that shrug is all sorts of adorable. if i could just have one pinky toe's worth of your talent, i'd be set for life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jen Shaw2:04 pm

    I just love the adorable baby shrug! Such a lucky baby to have a splendid top. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've always wanted to knit this one but never got around to it. Yours looks like perfection!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.