Thursday, November 17, 2005

Deadlines make them invisible no more

I've always found that it's best to have a finishing deadline when dealing with handknits. Otherwise, the little buggers have a habit of hiding themselves under swatches for more promising projects whose aura of excitement renders the aforementioned knit invisible. This, I have noticed, happens more often when there are many ends to be woven in. Therefore, a deadline of sorts - particularly an event where multitudes of people will swoon over your handknit spewing forth declarations along the lines of beauty, talent etc - comes in mighty handy for not only finding the handknit from it's hiding place but also weaving in the ends, blocking and then sewing the darn thing together.

My deadline: The arrival back of the Motherinlawship from her yearly UK sojourn.
Left to do: Sew Stripy together.
The event: Brunch with inlaw family after picking her up from the airport this weekend.
My cue: To convincingly blush and murmer protestations when declarations head my way.


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:58 pm

    LOVE the card design!

    Thanks for your very nice comment about the KSH scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi !!! I rehan, I am a seller of herbal medicine via online no one in Indonesia http://goo.gl/g13K0e

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.