Wednesday, May 02, 2007

I'm in!

I'm in! I've decided to participate in S.W.A.P, and below are the patterns I've chosen:
What with the crazy warm Melbourne weather we're having (apparently it's 10 C warmer than the average autumn temp!), I decided to go for a more trans-seasonal range, rather than strictly a winter one. I wanted to have something I could wear on any day of the year, no matter the temperature. I also wanted garments that could be dressed up or down, depending on the occaision, and could take me from playgroup to an evening out (ok, so I might be a leeeetle bit over-dressed for playgroup, particularly in the pencil skirt and bustier, but you know me - I'd rather be over dressed than under dressed!).
Sticking with the plastic free month, I've decided to try and make all garments out of natural fibres only (viscose and rayons are allowed). Zips might be a bit tricky, but any buttons will definitely be wooden, or at least scavanged from what I already have here.
Phew - that's a whole lot of sewing. Wish me luck!

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:53 pm

    Wow - that's dedication! I do wish you luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:09 pm

    Those patterns look great! They'll make a fantastic wardrobe I'm sure. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:10 pm

    Oh man! I'm so very very tempted now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good choices! I love the cardigan/jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:51 pm

    Lorrdy you will be busy! Love the wrap cardy also - Im sure with your super-duper craftiness everything will come up a treat!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful when completed to have a capsule wardrobe of 11 garments...fantastic !

    ReplyDelete
  7. THat will be a very elegant ensemble! Love that Vogue suit 8317. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.