Wednesday, August 25, 2021

My first socks!

I always thought socks were hard. You know, like the Mount Everest of knitting - only for that secret club of super talented knitters. Turns out I was wrong, wrong, wrong - if you have a handful of basic techniques mastered, like Magic Loop and Judy's Magic Cast On, then knitting socks is a breeze!



These were such a fun and easy knit that I am already casting about for my next sock project. Perfect TV knitting, these ones were. And being able to make socks in whatever colour combo I want - I'll never again need complain that socks are only available in boring colours!

Project Notes:

Yarn: Wren & Ollie sock in Smitten Kitten for main colour, Jawoll sock in #119 for contrast.

Needles: 2.25mm (I went a size down from the pattern for a snugger fit on my narrow foot)

Pattern: Simple Socks by Emily Bolduan

All the other details can be found on Raverly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.