Monday, May 03, 2021

StyleArc Hattie Woven Dress


Up until now, I have never had the pleasure of making a StyleArc pattern up, and for the life of me I cannot figure out why. But now the cherry has been popped I shall be coming back and making more and more and more, because this pattern was brilliant!

I will be honest - StyleArc patterns don't have a nice little technical drawing showing you exactly what you need to do every step of the way, so I would urge beginner sewists to proceed with a degree of caution. However, for an experienced sewist the instructions provided should be clear and simple enough, as was the case with this dress. 


I made it in a quasi-animal print rayon from Spotlight, which was a great fabric choice for this pattern. I love the front twist detail, and the fit is beautiful - flattering whilst still allowing freedom of movement.

I'm so impressed with the skilled drafting of this pattern that I'll be making another for sure, although probably altering the sleeves to make them full length, rather than 7/8ths.  

So if you are looking for a perfect day dress that can take you from work to dinner, look no further - the sweet Hattie is the one you should make!


Project Details:

Pattern - Hattie Woven Dress by StyleArc Patterns

Fabric - Rayon from Spotlight

Notions - Invisible zipper, interfacing




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.