Monday, October 24, 2016

Peacock Eyes Cardigan

You know you've had a busy year when you finish a cardigan way back in February, but don't manage to get pics of it until October. Good grief - what have I been doing with my time? (knitting, obviously!)

Well, as they say in the classics, better late than never. Meet my Peacock Eyes cardigan - here she is, finally, in all of her very red glory!

PeacockEyes7

PeacockEyes6

PeacockEyes5

PeacockEyes3

PeacockEyes4

PeacockEyes2

PeacockEyes8

PeacockEyes1


I loved knitting this pattern. It's so elegant - could work equally well with jeans as I've done here as draped casually over an evening dress when the chill of the evening sets in. It's a classic, timeless design, and since my love affair will red will only die when I do, I think I'll probably be wearing this for the rest of my mortal life!

It's knit out of Spud and Chloe Fine, which is a wool/silk blend in a fingering (4 ply) weight. Normally silk in a yarn provides drape, but not in this case - it ends up being quite sturdy, which is good as it supports the lace well (I don't want no floppy lace) and will wear well with minimal pilling. For when you've spent hours and hours knitting a cardigan on tiny needles, you want it to look for as long as possible!

I didn't alter the pattern except to make the sleeves full length rather than 3/4. The fit is great, and the pattern is beautifully written. Five stars from this happy knitter!

Oh, and one last thing: Tyger is laughing in that last pic because she is hatching her evil plan to steal my cardigan from me. Note from the wise, kid: don't tell your victim of your intended evil plan!

Project Details
Pattern - Peacock Eyes Cardigan by Justyna Lorkowska (Lete's Knits)
Yarn - 4.25 skeins Spud and Chloe Fine by Blue Sky Fibers (227m per skein) in shade 7815 Red Hot
Needles - 3.0mm and 3.25mm circular needles.
Notions - 13 buttons

See this project on Ravelry.




6 comments:

  1. If Tyger diesn't steal it I will... did I say that aloud?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful cardigan, and you look beautiful in it. I love the lace pattern.
    deborahnhamilton.blospot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fabulous- that red is devine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha, the ultimate compliment is when your kid says that they'd like it "when you're dead". Stunning sweater and beautifully photographed

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! This one is on my list, just need to decide what yarn/colour ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.