Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Tweed beanie

Warm. Easy on the eye. Strong yet soft at the same time.

Oh, and the beanie ain't half bad, either. Ha!

Beanie #1

This was meant to be an intricate yet still manly cabled beanie for Galumph, but once I started doing the ribbing, I realised that the cable detail would get completely lost in the tweediness of the yarn. So I did some mods, and made a simple stocking stitch beanie instead.

Although I was rather looking forward to doing all the fancy cable work, I really like the simple gorgeousness of the tweed. It reminds me of clouds on a stormy day - full of blues and greys and blacks and greens.

I'm kinda hankering after some tweedy goodness for myself, now!

*off to peruse patterns on Ravelry*...

Project Details
Yarn: 2 balls of Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran Tweed in Ash 120 from Woolarium
Needles: 3.5mm and 4.5mm circular needles (magic loop method used)

5 comments:

  1. completing something simple is very satisfying indeed. lovely work.

    perusing ravelry is one of my favourite pasttimes. its like meditation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought for one minute there you had met my man! The beanie is great, I like it simple. I agree the cables will look better on a plainer wool. No point in doing all that work if it doesn't show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh he looks extra awesome with this beanie! You can do no wrong lady! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hubba hubba! ;)

    (I also agree with Tanya about surfing Ravelry!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful knitting as always! Like Julia says... you can do no wrong with the knitting needles! It suits him wonderfully :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.