Perfect weather for knitting


Grey

As I sit here, it's steadily raining outside. The sky is one big sheet of grey, and I am knitting a beanie for Galumph and feeling blissfully happy. I LOVE the cooler months. I'm such a Cancerian crab at heart - liking nothing better than to be pottering around inside, sewing or knitting up a storm and thinking up new ways to keep my beloved ones warm and well fed. You can keep your summer days, with your posing bikini-clad beach goers, and melted ice creams, and sapping heat. As far as I'm concerned, the only good thing about summer is wearing summery frocks, and I reckon knitting on the couch as the rain gently pitter patters outside trumps even that!

Speaking of knitting, there's still a few spots left in the class I'm teaching this Saturday morning over at Handmaker's Factory, so if you fancy knitting up a storm this winter as well, come along and be shown the ways by moi! Not only will you have bucket loads of fun and learn a new skill, but you will also help me in my life long project of converting everybody I meet to the knitting way. Come, my friends... come over to the knit side!


Serena @ Sewgiving  – (11:26 am)  

Love the sound of pitta patter on the tin roof :) We don't get much rain these days here in Perth .. the kids stop and say "what's that?" ...

Andrea F  – (10:46 pm)  

If only I lived in Melbourne! I could do with expert tutelage on kinitting.

Andrea F  – (10:46 pm)  

And maybe some more tutelage on spelling the word knitting

pendlestitches  – (9:55 pm)  

I'm with you. Cool autumn days curled up on the sofa with knitting and tea are my idea of heaven.

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! Make my day!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009