Friday, December 02, 2011

What's for dinner: Quick Vegetable Tart

Vegetable Tart

I knew this tart had gotten the seal of approval when I heard my daughter exclaim "It looks like pizza, but it tastes even better!" She then demanded that the leftovers go into her lunchbox for the next day. I think she liked it!

Ingredients (makes two tarts):
2 sheets puff pastry, slightly thawed
4 tbsp sundried tomato paste
6 - 8 button mushrooms, sliced
1 zucchini, thinly sliced
1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
1 cup grated mozzarella

1 - Preheat oven to 200C. Line two baking trays with baking paper, then place a sheet of puff pastry on each. Score a 2cm border around each sheet, then prick the pastry within the border with a fork.

2 - Spread the area within the border with the sundried tomato paste, then top with the zucchini, mushrooms and capsicum. Scatter the mozzarella over the vegetables, crack some pepper over the top then place the tarts in the oven. Cook for 15 - 20 minutes, or until the border pastry is nicely puffed up and golden. Cut into squares, and serve with a green salad.

8 comments:

  1. This looks so good (and it's easy!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *cough* I should probably get around to the last recipe of yours I said I'd make before drooling over this one, right?

    Too late. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! And no eggs - the husband will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh - I love these tarts! They're dead easy and as you say - quick! They also look like I've made an effort..ha ha! I like the same puff pastry base with pesto spread over it, sliced ripe tomatoes, crumbles/smears of goats cheese and thyme, but steamed butternut, goats cheese and pesto work well, and my mum does one involving smoked mackerel...and stuff... (can't remember - will have to ask again!). But all dead good.

    Hee hee...as an aside, very appropriately, the 'captcha' word to verify this comment is 'noshnic'. Clearly Blogger feels hungry reading this post too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really loving your recipes. Veggie and simple is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum!! I love quick recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:49 am

    Oh wow. So simple yet so delish! Fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.