Monday, September 21, 2020

Simplicity 8130

Long time readers of this blog will remember how much sewing I used to do for my girl. Pretty much everything she wore was made by me! But as the years went on she eschewed my sewing efforts, and was content in RTW tees and denim shorts.

So you can imagine how thrilled I was when she requested I sew her a top. No matter that it had to be exactly the same as the one on the pattern envelope - I was in!



Thankfully, she LOVES it! She even gave me a 2pm deadline to get it finished today, so she could wear it to see her friend whilst they did their government allowed 2 hour walk, but such was my joy at actually getting to sew for her that I didn't mind in the least!



This was a quick and easy make - I especially enjoyed putting the bias edging onto the band section. I'd never done bias edging like that before, but it was super easy. Now I just want to edge EVERYTHING!



I left the boning out of the lining, as she wants to wear this to school, and the boning wouldn't have been very comfortable. And I'm not risking sewing her anything that might be deemed uncomfy - she might never ask for anything else again!




Project Details:

Pattern - Simplicity 8130, view A

Fabric - Cotton gingham fabric and plain black cotton fabric from The Cloth Shop

Notions -  5 buttons





3 comments:

  1. Lovely top, my daughter would love it too :) I know how precious it is when our grown girls request to make them something they are willing to wear :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a wonderful top! Your daughter is so lucky to have a sewing mom. I would often argue with my mom about fabric choices more than the pattern choices. She would often want fabric that was a bit more twee than I did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...
    The top looks amazing on you and the combination of black and white adds more charm to your persona.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.