Saturday, September 28, 2019

Silk cami and sequin skirt

Teen fashion. It's a tricky one, isn't it? On the one hand, you want them to have bucketloads of fun exploring amazing fashion possibilities. On the other hand, you want them to feel comfortable and secure in their clothing choices. Balancing individual tastes with the teenage desire to fit in can be tricky rope to walk, but I think with this case we nailed it!

Cami and sequin skirt


I chatted lots to my girl before we decided on this outfit. The theme of the party she is going to is 'neon', but we wanted something that was wearable and could be used for other occasions, not just some screamingly bright fluoro one-off. I had seen this bright silk crepe de chine at The Fabric Store, and had been wanting to make the Ogden Cami by True Bias for ages, so it was a no brainer. Then we searched on Pinterest for "cami outfits", and once we saw the pairing with a sequinned skirt we were sold!

My girl loves it because it makes her feel grown up and sophisticated. I love it because it is flipping awesome, and now I really want one of my own!

Cami and sequin skirt 005


Project Details:
Cami pattern: Ogden Cami by True Bias
Cami fabric: 1.6m of neon yellow silk crepe de chine from The Fabric Store.

Skirt Pattern: New Look 6103
Skirt Fabric: 50cm sequinned fabric from GJ's Discount Fabrics, plus lining material

2 comments:

  1. WOW! This is adorable - no wonder you want one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous outfit. Now would your daughter mind twinning with a 38 year old :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.