Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Banana choc chip muffins

Some people get really excited over a pair of shoes. Others, it's the perfect handbag that melts their ice cream. However, I save the pounce and the emitting of happy cries for when I spy some super ripe bananas, because once I have my hot little hands upon them I know that I can make THE BEST BANANA MUFFINS EVER!

Banana Muffins


1 cup self raising flour
1/2 cup wholemeal self raising flour
1/2 cup raw caster sugar
1 cup raw oats
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
3 really ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup olive oil
2 eggs, beaten well
1 tsp vanilla essence

1 - Preheat oven to 180 C.
2 - Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl and set aside.
3 - Mix together the bananas, oil, eggs and vanilla essence until combined. Add to the dry ingredients, and mix gently until just combined.
4 - Line the holes of a 12 hold muffin tin, then dollop spoonfuls evenly into the cases. Bake for 20 minutes (test with a skewer to ensure they are cooked through), then cool out of tin on a wire rack.

3 comments:

  1. I must try these. I am always looking for good muffin recipes. I have one for blueberries, but I always land up with some over ripe bananas. I usually make banana bread, but these would be a nice change. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I freeze the old bananas to make super cold smoothies for the kids. But that's just 'cause I can't bake for shit. These look really good.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent my afternoon reading your blog and it was lovely! Keep it up!

    Laura xo

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.