Monday, May 06, 2019

Vintage Simplicity 3069


Simplicity 3069 #07


What do you get if you cross a vintage pattern from the early 1960s with cool faux leather coated woolen fabric? One totally rock'n'roll dress!


Simplicity 3069 #02


Simplicity 3069 #06


Simplicity 3069 #02


I didn't' actually expect this dress to turn out so sassy, but when I first made it the skirt was ginormously long! So I cut a wide swath off. Then I decided that it needed to be shorter still. So another swath was cut. Then I tried it on again and realised... um, totally showing a bit of leg now, Jorthy girl. But the deed was done, and I felt a bit rebellious in my new short skirt, so that is the length it has stayed. And I LOVE IT!

This was a pretty easy pattern to sew, but I did need to do quite a bit of fitting adjustments. I think I ended up taking the bodice in about 8cm, and to be perfectly honest it could still go in some more, but I like to have a bit of room to move about! I really am digging the belt feature - it makes the dress, and I would definitely consider making another version of this frock but in a lighter coloured fabric, just to do the belt again! It cleverly is joined to the front bodice inside the darts, then fastens upon itself at the back. Very very cool design detail!


Project notes:
Pattern - Vintage Simplicity 3069
Fabric - 1.5m coated wool from The Fabric Store.
Notions - 45cm invisible zipper

2 comments:

  1. That is incredibly cool and I think you need to wear it as often as possible - it's arguably funky everyday wear! And you could totally wear tights or leggings to make it more practical for everyday moving around stuff. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like you could be kicking butt in The Avengers particularly with those pointy toes :). Love the look .

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.