Monday, August 26, 2013

I got myself a Chevy

Is it bad that, when you first hear the news that a family member is going to have a baby, your second thought (heartfelt congratulations being the first, of course) is that it means you can begin a brand new knitting project?

Purl Soho Blanket #1

Case in point: scrummy yarn purchased from Purl Soho so I can make this rather snazzy garter stitch chevron baby blanket. I may have squealed with excitement when receiving the package from the post lady. It's so squooshy!

But fear not, dear readers. I shall dutifully put this delectable, gorgeous, so soft and lovely yarn aside until all other projects are finished. Did I mention how soft it is? Oh, who am I kidding - I started already!

Purl Soho Blanket #2

Well, I couldn't risk that wee little baby getting cold now, could I? Even if it isn't due for, oh, another four months...

5 comments:

  1. Now that us seriously yummy. Wonder if you can get that yarn locally? Purl Soho has beeeeeeeautiful yarn, but the postage, ugh, so unaffordable. I would have had to start this blanket right away too. Oh that yarn, just gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  2. purl soho have some gorgeous patterns.

    Knitting for babies is my first thought when finding out about pregnancies. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha oh that is so me! Love that yarn it looks so scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that pattern. When I learn to knit, it's going to be one of the first things I make. I look at it on their site all the time. Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That colour yellow (?) is just gorgeous! I just finished a ripple/chevron-esque baby blanket in green for my friend... but as crochet!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.