White ruffle skirt

Ruffle Skirt

What do you get if you mix a birthday part invitation with a quick jaunt down to GJ's? A super sweeeeet white ruffle skirt, if you please!

I whipped this up (seriously - an hour of sewing and it was donzo!) this afternoon after Tyger and I decided that we'd rather make her friend a gift than buy one. Since I'd already made a version of this skirt for the Tyger last year, the sewing was easy. I didn't even read the instructions, just jumped right on in. Love an easy sewing project!

It's a bit hard to tell from the pic, but each section of the skirt is made from a different white fabric, and each has it's own unique texture, which I really like. I was hoping to find a white Broderie Anglaise with a scalloped edging so that I could thread a fine pink ribbon through to use as the bottom tier, but I was plum out of luck. I'll just have to remember that idea for next time!

Project Details
Pattern: Cocos ruffle skirt #15 from Ottobre Design Magazine 1/2011
Fabric: Three different white cotton fabrics from GJ's Discount Fabrics
Notions: 54cm of 20mm wide elastic for waistband

Robyn  – (5:27 pm)  

A special handmade skirt is a perfect gift idea - there will be no doubles of your gift at the party. Love the different whites.

i heart fabric  – (6:58 pm)  

Super cute! I'm sure she will adore it. Plus probably better than anything bought from the shops anyway!

Donna  – (5:13 am)  

I don't often comment, but I always love your posts. I think we share the same love of a particular shade of green. :) Also, I nominated you for an 'Inspiring Blogger' award; no obligations though.

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! Make my day!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009