Thursday, January 03, 2013
Start as you mean to go on
2013 is going to be, I suspect, a very busy year for me. I have big plans, people, big plans! And an integral part of those plans is related to crafting.
So that is why on the 1st of January I could be found perched on the couch, happily casting on for a new knitting project. Because I'm a big believer in starting as you mean to go on. And besides, who could resist ringing in the new year with some lucious cashmerino yarn? Not this little black duck!
Besides the non-stop-crafting-juggernaut I also want to:
- eat more fruit (I say this every year but this time I mean it, nagdammit!)
- read more books (I used to read like I was breathing - effortlessly, without even thinking about it, and feeling rather panicked if no new reading material materialised - what happened to that?)
- get up earlier and breathe in that glorious morning air
- take more pictures, laugh at more jokes, and enjoy the little moments as they come, rather than always rushing toward the next thing.
- Er, I should probably practice my piano more, too. Two years of learning, and my pièce de résistance is the Tarantella? Surely I can do better than that!