Thursday, January 03, 2013

Start as you mean to go on

Knitting

2013 is going to be, I suspect, a very busy year for me. I have big plans, people, big plans! And an integral part of those plans is related to crafting.

So that is why on the 1st of January I could be found perched on the couch, happily casting on for a new knitting project. Because I'm a big believer in starting as you mean to go on. And besides, who could resist ringing in the new year with some lucious cashmerino yarn? Not this little black duck!

Besides the non-stop-crafting-juggernaut I also want to:
- eat more fruit (I say this every year but this time I mean it, nagdammit!)
- read more books (I used to read like I was breathing - effortlessly, without even thinking about it, and feeling rather panicked if no new reading material materialised - what happened to that?)
- get up earlier and breathe in that glorious morning air
- take more pictures, laugh at more jokes, and enjoy the little moments as they come, rather than always rushing toward the next thing.
- Er, I should probably practice my piano more, too. Two years of learning, and my pièce de résistance is the Tarantella? Surely I can do better than that!

6 comments:

  1. Cashmerino...love the sound of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! (fruit is my downfall too....)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still trying to finish that darn scarf I wanted to finish before the end of 2012!
    Cashmerino sounds delightful. I love your list, it's positive and delightful and I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am scared to plan anything for this year, because of a force majeur which swinged my plans by 360˚. So my 2013 motto: Enjoy every single moment, everything else will follow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Thewallinna, so sorry to hear about the force majeur - here's hoping that 2013 is BRILLIANT for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please post the gress dress soon! I've been dying to see it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.