Friday, December 16, 2011

What's for dinner - Zucchini Pasta

Zucchini Pasta

I'm just going to come out and say it - this meal is not a dieter's friend. It's full of cream, and carbs and cheese. But by gee, it sure does taste good! Just do as I do - serve with a big fat garden salad, and put the cream container in the recycling as soon as you can. Out of sight, out of mind!

Zucchini Pasta

350g penne
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
4 zucchini
300ml cream
1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve

1 - Cook pasta in a large saucepan until al dente. Drain.

2 - Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large non-stick pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and lemon rind, and cook for a minute, or until it starts to smell good. Coarsely grate the zucchini into the pan, then cook gently until the zucchini is wilted.

3 - Add the cream, the parmensan and good amount of freshly cracked black pepper. Once the cream has been warmed through, add the pasta to the pan and toss through the sauce. Serve with extra parmesan on top.

Speaking of all things cooking, I've got an article on Mum's Business detailing my top 5 cookbooks. What are yours?

4 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful. I do s similar recipe by Jamie Oliver with sliced zucc and egg and bacon. Kinda like a zuccy carbonara. It's very awesome. Will have to try yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't eat enough vegetables, so I would tell myself that since this has such a great vegetable I should eats of it! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah, the trifecta of c's: cream, carbs and cheese! it's too early for me to be drooling over zucchine pasta, but here i am anyway, groping for a napkin.

    love these recipes of yours!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.