Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Cool cauliflowers

Cauliflower

I went to the local organic store today, and these were the only cauliflowers they had left. Aren't they freakishly cool looking? They're like alien cauliflowers. I'm actually quite excited to be eating these! Heirloom vegetables always make me wish for a massive veggie patch, complete with raspberry, asparagus and rhubarb beds, rather than a teeny balcony with a few herbs and tomatoes. Oh well. One day, maybe!

According to my monthly menu plan we are having a cauliflower, spinach and chickpea stir fry tonight, which will be wrapped up in mountain bread and then topped with a yoghurty tahini sauce. Not only will it be bright green and purple, but also hopefully delicious. What's everybody else having?

4 comments:

  1. I love those! I discovered them at my local organic greengrocer about a year and a half ago, and when they're in season, I can't get enough of them! They are definitely very yummy. Tonight's dinner? Yeah, after 4 hours sleep, I don't have to cook. My darling is ordering Japanese. I've made a mental note though of your dinner, will have to try it, sounds scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken Tandoori tonight. Was yummy!!! Have you tried cauliflower fritters - yummy too. Love the heirloom vegies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They ARE cool!
    we had pasta with broccoli, green beans and a rocket and bacon salad. Yum!

    More veggie garden research here tonight. Going to do it ourselves and pay a visit to Ceres for some seedlings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The green one is called romanesco, a variant of cauliflower. Future you will want to know that when planting your garden.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.