Tuesday, September 20, 2011

What wrists talk about when nobody is looking

Pink Knitting

Wrist Number One looked over disconsolately at Wrist Number Two and moaned "How much longer does she have to go on this cardigan? This yarn is killing me!"

Wrist Number Two jiggled up and down in unhappy agreement. "Let me see... just a bit more of the body to do, then the sleeves. Thank heavens - I really don't know how much more of this yarn I can take. The darn thing has no give!"

"And no give", moaned Wrist Number One, "really makes us ache. Stupid silk cotton mix."

"Still, look on the bright side", said Wrist Number Two. "She'll be pattern tracing and cutting out today, so we'll have a reprieve from the knitting."

"Cutting out? Wheee! That's my favourite thing to do - after propping up an ice cream cone", declared Wrist Number One.

"Personally, I like stretching under the bed to sweep up the dust bunnies!" confided Wrist Number Two.

Wrist Number One looked at the other wrist incredulously. "You'd take dust bunnies over an ice cream? Dude, you're weird!"

Wrist Number Two glared, and said "I hate to break it to you, but we're a pair of talking wrists. We're BOTH weird!"

Wrist Number One conceded by saying "Hmm... you've got a point. Still, you can't deny that we're pretty darn handy!"

"I'm not even going to dignify that with a groan. It may only encourage you." said Wrist Number Two loftily as Wrist Number One chorted at her own hilarity.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love your writing! (I guess wrists come in handy for that, too, harhar.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hardyhaha! Come on over and join my joke writing team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are strange. But I luvs ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your writing style. As I sit in Starbucks, waiting for the sun to rise, I have a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so funny - needed some humour!!! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.