Thursday, March 31, 2011

Autumn Liberty Blouse

I'm thinking that Grumbles is looking so snazzy in her new Liberty blouse that maybe, just maybe, I should make one for myself!

AutumnLiberty1

AutumnLiberty2

Project Details
Pattern: Blouse #15 from Ottobre Magazine 1/2005
Fabric: 80cm of Liberty Tana Lawn in Wiltshire Red from Tessuti Fabrics
Notions: 42cm of elastic for neckline

This is the same pattern as the other blouse I made up for Grumbles. On this one, however, I didn't elasticise the sleeves, nor put any ribbon detail on the yoke gathering. Such a simple, sweet blouse that really shows off the fabric, and man does it look good with a pair of black cords and boots.

Yep, gotta make one for me, and soon!

8 comments:

  1. You totally need to make one for yourself!
    I love the sleeves un-elasticated (?) too, it looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snazziest of all snazzers is Grumbles in that blouse. And I gasped at the Ladybug Shirt last time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely! Also love the fact Grumbles is always smiling for her 'photo shoots'. Very hard to achieve with two little girls I know..........

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay. can i be your kid? grumbles gets the Best. Clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. utterly delicious. i think we all need one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really can't go wrong with Liberty, and if you want to make your own version then go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! I found a dress at Goodwill the other day made from this exact fabric. I knew it felt super luxurious but I had no idea it was Liberty!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, you need to make one for yourself too. And in a Liberty print too... of course. Can't top the delicious feel and look of their fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.