Thursday, April 22, 2010

B & W

On and on you will hike
and I know you'll hike far
and face up to your problems
whatever they are.

You'll get mixed up, of course,
as you already know.
You'll get mixed up
with many strange birds as you go.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact
and remember that Life's
a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft.
And never mix up your right foot with your left.

And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)

KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!

{Oh, The Places You'll Go! by Dr. Seuss}

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:28 pm

    Oh how I love that book.
    It's nearly a daily read in our house. The kids love it and I'm sure they don't get the whole meaning behind it. Is it sad to say I'll even pick it up and give it a read when I'm feeling blue. I know sad....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this poem! It was one of my wedding poems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great poem and great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats great! Very sweet picture, too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. mm, that book is very inspiring and uplifting! Lovely B&W.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my favorite book of all time!! Beautiful Picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Freaking out. I jut read this last night to Miss 5 after finding it pushed waaaay to the back of the bookshelves. So much to learn from that lovely book ;)

    Great shot.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.