Monday, June 04, 2007

Alas, they didn't play any Beastie Boys

That, believe it or not, is a conga line. Wheeee, that barmy sure went off like a frog in a sock! Not the actual ceremony - it was lovely, so reflective and holy and wise. The reception, however, was one crazy dance after another. Alas, I didn't get to boogie on down myself, as poor old Grumbles took fright at the cranking up of decibels and the smoke machine, so while everybody else was doing the Nut Bush, I was stuck at the back of the room nursing a very frightened little girl. Still, her death-like grip around my neck (there was not way she was letting me put her down) prevented me from mazel toving the wrong person (I can get a bit carried away with newly aquired lingo, and thank you all for your suggestions).

Behold: death like grip in action!


3 comments:

  1. So I'm guessing you missed the chicken dance AND the hokey pokey too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:34 am

    What kind of two bit bar mitzvah doesnt play Beastie Boys? How very...un-jewish....

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's still nice to get a cuddle like that, even if the circumstances aren't the most ideal ;)

    No "Down to Jewtown" by the boyband Jewtown ? I love that song ..

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.