Thursday, January 11, 2007

Exposing myself, and lettuce recipes, all in one post!


Study of Grumbles eating her lunch. Because, really, there's not that much going on around here. It's just too hot. Eew. I'm not a big fan of the heat, which is why when it gets really hot, Grumbles and I just hang out at home, as we've done all this week. Except for Monday, when we went shopping with Shannon and Joanne. Fun, enjoyable day, until Grumbles hit the tired wall, and turned into toddler from hell. I'm still not sure if the highlight was her spilling her milkshake all over (and I mean ALL OVER) Cookie, or pulling down the front of my top, therefore exposing me to the whole restaurant. (Did you guys see that? I really hope you didn't, although I would understand if you decided to refrain from being my friend. Waaaaaaah!). So. Note to self: Stop wearing lowish-cut tops. You don't have the bosom for it, anyway.

Right. I'm off to plan the menu for tomorrow night's dinner party. I think that for the salad course I'll do Bibb Lettuce with Butter Dressing. Not only does it sound darn refreshing, but the recipe is from the 1920s, which gives it a nifty value all of it's own. As the Gourmet cookbook says, "When all the elements come together in the right way, this salad is a revelation!". Geez. Who am I to argue with that? Bring the revelation on!

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:58 pm

    I saw no boob action and she was not the toddler from hell! I quite like being showered in chocolate milk, I do stuff like that at home all the time....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:54 pm

    Esme regularly flashes my boobs, i'm still breastfeeding her and she's obsessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter is a scream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:03 pm

    no boob was seen.... And she is super cute not a toddler from hell!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is a child enjoying her food.

    Dinner party sounds exciting (well, I don't get out much myself!) though you are brave to cook in the heat. Tell us how the lettuce works out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yep too hot here too - 40 degrees today! yuk!

    That salad sounds great too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grumbles looks so at home in front of the camers. I wonder what she's thinking..........
    " Hmmmm.... there's my Mum and she's got that top on again. I must plan my next stealth move....".

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.