Thursday, October 12, 2006

Watch out for bears!

The last few days I have: struggled to keep anything down, struggled to eat full stop, spent most of my time next to a sick bucket, been boiling hot, been freezing cold with uncontrollable shivers, and laid in bed with two doonas and a blanket on top of me. This bug is a killer, I tells ya! Thanks for all your get better wishes - Grumbles is back to her usual bouncing self, and I managed to eat lunch today - yahoo!

I also read The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton plus A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson. One of these books is about two people's struggles against the social norms of New York society in the 1880s, the other is about a middle aged guy's walk of the Appalachian Trail, and his merry adventures along the way. What I didn't expect was to spend all of last night tossing and turning, dreaming that Bill Bryson needed to go back in time to save the Countess Olenska from having her money cut off by her family, and if he didn't succeed in his mission then the bears would find him on the trail and eat him alive. Very, very disturbing. Least of all for Bill.

Also, before I became incredibly nauseous, I started sewing myself a new frock for summer. I'm using Simplicity 4224, and I wish I felt better so I could (a) finish it then (b) wear it!

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:43 pm

    Great fabric and a great pattern.
    I wish i could sew my own clothes but I am never happy with them and therefore don't wear them. I'll stick to making clothes for my kids and dolls. They have no choice about wearing them!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:50 pm

    you poor thing! How horrible to be so sick but even worse to be sick in this heat, ugh. I hope you are on the mend and feel much better very soon.
    I love the dress, it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear your on the mend. The dress looks great, love the fabric!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:35 pm

    Whit Weeyoo (thats a wolf whistle)Pretty dress!
    Hope you get well soon, although the dreams sound too interesting to go without! Love Edith Wharton!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to hear you're slowly getting better. And I lurrrv that dress! That's the cutest spottiest fabric ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now is the time for a glass of vino to build up your blood and totally heal you.
    That dress looks divine.
    Hee, your dream made me smile:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:57 pm

    Ahh, Summer dresses - how I wish they suited me.
    Hope you feel better soon... grache

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:19 pm

    Lovely summer dress - get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a spectacular dream.....and dress.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.