Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Father's Day


Father's day was...

- Cheesy scrambled eggs for breakfast, with a pot of tea (so civilised!)

- Lots of lying on the bed whilst Grumbles had her sleep, reading interesting new books

- A family bbq that afternoon in Brighton, huddled under a canopy, hoping that it wouldn't rain

- Champagne that evening whilst watching Pretty Woman (gee that film seems so innocent now! I mean, I know she's a prostitute and all, but still, innocent compared to the bump-n-grind that features in the average video clip these days)

Happy Father's Day, Galumph! I'll watch soppy movies from the early nineties with you anytime.

5 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhh!
    Mmmmmmmmm, cheesy scrambled eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely day. My Dad back in Australia is probably angry again because I missed father´s day though - here in Austria it´s in June.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, how very civilised of you! We really must make more of an effort here. Thing is, if I watched OH's choice of film, it would be something like Jaws. Not exactly Pretty Woman.

    Your family really knows how to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:57 pm

    yum cheesy scrambled eggs - deeellliiissshhhh and that book is on the abc book club review next programme. Im thinking of purchasing....

    ReplyDelete
  5. BB is very popular in this house, so will look for it in local library, as I am on a No New Books plan.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.