Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Runny noses and loyal dogs

The mother-in-law's dog, Fudge. He's a sweetie.

I'd like to claim that my lack of blogging has been due to some highly unexpected but terribly exciting adventure occuring, which was so replete with action that even if I'd had the inclination to blog I wouldn't, alas, have had the time, but no. The sad fact is that in reality I've been laid up with a nasty touch of the flu, and had my mother-in-law to stay. Enough said.

However, I'm not so ill that I can't make a list! Oh how I love me a good list, and this list shall indeed be good - full of the good things I've noticed over the last few days:

- Autumn has truly struck in my little corner of the world, and the town has put on it's finest colours to celebrate. I can't get enough of those magical leaves.
- I have a lovely pile of quinces on my benchtop, waiting to be slow cooked and then devoured tonight with organic cream (actually, I don't know if they are actually waiting for either act, which I dare say would come under 'barbaric' for the quinces, but since I'm not a hard-core fruitarian I shan't trouble myself over the quinces' feelings, and instead happily eat them tonight)
- Grumbles said 'Ear' this morning in the bath. Woo hoo! I'm hoping she'll say oesophagus next.
- Anna has a lovely new pattern up on MagKnits. Go check it out!
- I've just finished reading Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell again, and darn this book is good. So good that I'm actually missing not reading it. Does anybody else ever feel that way?

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:54 pm

    So you caught the post-easter loogy....was only a matter of time really. And to be a freak, did you know we had a family dog named Fidge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love/hate that feeling. of missing my book... wanting more! rare but special when it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, hope you are better soon. Colds, flus and mother-in-laws are not a good mixture!
    Hope you find another good book soon.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.